Position type: Faculty
Position class title: Lecturer
Working title: Public services librarian
UNM Gallup is one of four branch community colleges of the University and serves approximately 3,000 students. Located near the Navajo, Zuni, and Hopi Reservations, this campus has the largest percentage Native American student body of any public university campus in the world and is designated as a Department of Education Minority-Serving Institution. UNM Gallup is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association, offering Associate degrees and Career Technical certificate programs, adult basic education (ABE and GED), workforce training, and personal enrichment courses. There are approximately 100 part-time and 67 full-time faculty members. UNM Gallup also collaborates with UNM’s Extended University in hosting four-year and graduate degree programs both on-site and through electronic delivery.
The University of New Mexico, Gallup-Zollinger Library, invites applications for a full time position as a Lecturer, Public Services Librarianin a non- tenured appointment. Applicant will be required to work during the summer via a Summer Administrative Appointment. Additional faculty duties include:
- Maintaining scheduled office hours
- Provide face-to-face information literacy instruction
- Create and maintain online tutorials, research guides, training materials and programs to support outreach and instructional initiatives
- Provide reference, information, research assistance and services to the entire university community
- Assist in the development and documentation of library policies and procedures
- Coordinate collection development for assigned disciplines in collaboration and/or consultation with faculty
- Participate in night and weekend reference as needed
- Attendance at faculty meetings, participation in campus committees and performance of other duties consistent with the role of a community college faculty member.
Gallup is located 130 miles west of Albuquerque and the UNM Albuquerque campus. Gallup has a population of approximately 21,000 and the area provides an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities within some of the most beautiful red rock country in the Southwest. Gallup is known for its location in the heart of Native American lands.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program
- At least two years of experience in teaching information literacy and providing reference services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with relevant library application, such as LibGuides, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience as a subject liaison
- Demonstrated knowledge of student learning outcomes assessment as it applies to information literacy instruction
- Demonstrated collection development and resource analysis skills
- Familiarity with e-learning and/or online instruction.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to information literacy instruction, and demonstrated aptitude for teaching in multiple formats
- A commitment to academic excellence and the ability to work effectively with faculty, students and colleagues
- A commitment to continued growth and ongoing professional development
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
Visit https://unmjobs.unm.edu and click Faculty under “Search and Apply for Positions.” On the Faculty search results page, scroll to the bottom for additional search options and enter 0829644 for the Posting Number.
Required documents: Cover letter, Curriculum Vita, Teaching Philosophy, and List of References (3).
Special Instruction: The recommended for hire candidate must request Official transcripts for delivery to UNM-Gallup, Dean of Instruction Office, 705 Gurley Ave, Gallup, NM 87301
Application closing date: Open until filled.
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative action Employer and Educator.