The Dona Ana Community College is hing a Web Services Librarian.
Standard Work Schedule Standard (M-F, 8-5)
Work Site DACC East Mesa
Posting Date 11/01/2022
Closing Date 12/01/2022
Target Hourly/Salary Rate $42,269 – $52,836 target entry to commensurate with qualifications.
TO APPLY: https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/48478
Dona Ana Community College (DACC) is a comprehensive, learning-centered community college dedicated to a diverse population of learners in support of student success, workforce and economic development and lifelong learning. Established in 1973 at the request of the Gadsden, Hatch and Las Cruces school boards, DACC continues to meet the educational needs of county residents by providing instruction leading to associate degrees and technical certificates as well as community and adult education opportunities. As the second largest community college in the state, DACC offers accessible and affordable higher education opportunities to more than 18,000 students annually with eight learning sites county-wide. As part of New Mexico State University, DACC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
We invite you to take the first step to a successful and rewarding career at https://talent.nmsu.edu/
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with supervision and provision of all aspects of library operations, including public services, reference, circulation, reserves, and inter/intralibrary loan (using integrated library system) for two campus libraries and satellite campuses.
- Train and supervise non-exempt staff and student employees including semester trainings and one-on-one student training.
- Play leadership role in planning and implementing the library’s information literacy initiatives, to include: creating online information literacy tutorials and user guides; collaborating with faculty to integrate information literacy into the curriculum; providing information literacy instruction and library orientation sessions; providing multi-level reference assistance and offering subject-specific workshops and seminars.
- Create tools to assess information literacy learning outcomes and overall effectiveness of library services.
- Support Canvas classes and other distance learning modalities by providing online and telephone reference assistance.
- Develop web content for class, reference, and general information assistance purposes.
- Develop marketing campaigns and activities to promote library resources and services.
- Provide leadership and assistance in identifying and achieving the library’s strategic goals.
- Serve on relevant college committees and represent the at internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Manage Library Website and its related content, e.g. Libguides and social media accounts.
- Help troubleshoot database and other e-resource access problems.
- Provide e-tutoring and research assistance within selected online courses to promote critical thinking and research skills in the “Across the Curriculum” initiatives.
- Manage Virtual Reference Service to provide reference and research assistance online
- Other duties as assigned: required participation in professional development activities, occasional weekend and/or evening work, travel, etc.
- Manages one or more aspects of a library program area such as; public, technical, or access services. Accountable for quality, innovation and creative use of available resources in support of operations.
Classification Standard Duties
Responsible for fund development through grant writing, annual appeals, planned giving, memorial programs, requests to municipalities, legislators and community service organizations. Directs and supervises the expenditure of library funds. Seeks to improve library services and collections in a fiscally responsible way. Pursues additional financial support for the library on a local, state and national level. Recommends, plans and implements library services and necessary changes in those services to keep current with needs and demands of the community. Evaluates the effectiveness of library services in relation to the needs of the community. Recommends and administers materials buying policies of the library. Prepares regular reports on current progress and future needs. Makes public appearances on behalf of the library; gives tours of the building when appropriate. Cooperates with other libraries to make effective use of funds and develop services. Takes responsibility for collection development and acquisitions, including weeding the collection. Administers various programs of the library. Makes selections of books for these programs. Keeps informed of academic and technological developments in the profession; attends professional meetings and conferences. Knows local, state and national laws that affect libraries and plays an active role in initiating and supporting beneficial library legislation. Attends meetings and workshops, local, county, state and national, necessary to the efficient, informed functioning of the library. All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Knowledge of emerging technologies and their application to libraries is essential. Knowledge of and experience with excellent customer service skills is vital. Comprehensive knowledge of public library operations, aims and services.
Skills: Good communication skills, creative thinking, and talent for organization.
Abilities: Ability to meet people easily, to motivate others, and to work effectively with library staff and boards.
Required Education: Master’s degree in a related field.
Required Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience related to the standard duties as outlined. Equivalency None
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s of Library Science