For more information and to apply, click here.
JOB TITLE: Sr. Library Specialist
JOB CODE: 317
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Services/Library
SUPERVISOR: Sr. Librarian, Librarian or Designee
Under general supervision of the Sr. Librarian, Librarian or designee, performs library tasks including providing customer service throughout the library at multiple service points, including acquisitions, cataloging, bibliographic maintenance, sorting and delivering of materials, data entry and public service required to provide the public with orderly and helpful access to library materials. Provides classification/copy and original cataloging of a variety of library materials. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
Public Services (Adult Services, Operations, Youth Services and White Rock): (1 vacancy)
• Oversees the Interlibrary Loan program, including interfacing with other libraries, training and supervising the work of back up and support staff.
• Contributes to the content of the library website
• Maintains local area networks.
• Maintains software for public use computers.
• Keeps up to date with public use technology trends and their applicability to the current library services.
• Develops content and/or edits the library public website.
• Evaluates and implements improvements for usability of the library website.
• Maintains internal library staff intranet.
Technical Services: (1 vacancy)
• Coordinates library acquisitions, works with the selection teams to identify materials to be ordered, and prepares orders choosing the supplier based on cost and discount available.
• Resolves complex problems working with vendors, publishers, and various levels of County staff.
• Sets up vendor accounts, prepares monthly budget reports.
• Downloads orders into the library systems and oversee the receipt of materials, process invoices for payment.
• Works with vendors and publishers to coordinate standing orders.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, Humanities or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Two years of library-related experience, which may include: working in a bookstore or library; with collections in a museum or educational setting; computerized research on-line or using databases; teaching or training experience.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment physical exam prior to commencing work.
• If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Additional Qualifications for Sr. Library Specialist:
• Additional two years of library-related experience.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, or related field.
• Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Code : 20136-1
Type : INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Posting Start : 06/22/2020
Posting End : 07/14/2020