JOB TITLE: Sr. Librarian
JOB CODE: 315
PAY RANGE: $61,893–$91,238 depending on education & experience
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Services/Library
SUPERVISOR: Library Manager or Assistant Library Manager
CLOSING DATE: 02/18/2022
All newly hired Los Alamos County employees are required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 per the current Centers for Disease Control (CDC) definition as a condition of their employment.
Under general supervision of the Library Manager or Assistant Library Manager, oversees the operations of one or more specialty library services, and performs a range of complex and specialized library tasks requiring a high level of professional expertise and customer service skills. Provides guidance, leadership, and coordination to library services staff in areas such as circulation, reference, web and electronic services, youth services, systems administration, and materials cataloging, acquisition and processing, community engagement and program development. Participates in the development of operating policies and procedures, systems to maintain records, and quality standards. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science or Library and Information Management or related field.
- Five years’ library experience, including experience managing a budget.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment physical exam prior to commencing work.
- Successful completion of Need to Know training within one year of employment.
- If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Preferred Qualifications for Sr. Librarian:
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- One year of experience in building and leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and developing collaborations with outside organizations.
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative community-based library programs.
- Demonstrated experience marketing library services including website development.
- Program evaluation experience.
- Demonstrated experience writing and managing grants.
- ILS system administration and database maintenance experience.