The Los Alamos Public Library is hiring for a part-time Library Associate.
- Posting Start: 08/04/2021
- Posting End: 08/18/2021
- Salary: $16.17 – $23.83
Position Summary: Under direct supervision of the Sr. Librarian, Librarian or Designee, performs all basic library tasks including providing customer service throughout the library at multiple service points, assisting patrons in a courteous and friendly manner in using the library and in finding the information they need, and performing a variety of library support tasks that may include receiving and copy-cataloging materials, checking in and out materials, registering patrons for library cards, etc. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of related work experience, which may include any combination of the following: working in a bookstore or library; with collections in a museum or educational setting; computerized research on-line or using databases; teaching or training experience; troubleshooting hardware and software.
- If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, Humanities, or related field.
- One-year experience working in a library.
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license.