Position Description: Are you a motivated self-starter who delights in experimenting with new approaches to solve problems? Also, would you enjoy 310 days of sunshine a year, combined with a mild, dry climate and four distinct seasons, in a vibrant multicultural setting? If you answer yes to both questions, we at The University of New Mexico (UNM) College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences (CULLS) have a great opportunity in the newly created Open Educational Resources (OER) faculty librarian position.
OER is a top priority for the College, and we will provide support for the OER librarian to actively engage stakeholders in the awareness, use, adoption, and creation of open educational resources. The librarian will be empowered to develop an OER program in an environment with a diverse student population who could benefit from greater access to affordable educational materials. Through sustained collaboration, education and advocacy, the successful candidate will lead UNM’s efforts and will connect with colleagues in the state working on OER initiatives. The OER librarian will also be responsible for actively seeking funding opportunities in support of OER related initiatives. The successful candidate will be the first OER Librarian for the College and will leverage a flexible, dynamic working environment to develop an innovative program that aligns with University and College goals for OER.
The OER librarian is part of the Digital Initiatives and Scholarly Communication (DISC) department whose mission is to develop, cultivate, and support transnational, national and regional digital cultural heritage, scholarly, and educational resources. This mission relates to the College’s broader focus on two distinctive collection areas: Native American and Latin American. These distinctive collections and the campus researchers engaging with these materials create the unique environment for OER adoption and development at UNM.
The OER Librarian reports to the Director of DISC in this full-time, 12-month, tenure-track faculty position. The desired start date is June 1, 2022. The annual salary is negotiable based on qualifications and includes full benefits. Prioritizing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization, the College strongly encourages interested candidates from members of underrepresented and/or marginalized groups to inquire and/or apply.
Responsibilities: The OER librarian will be an advocate for open educational resources on campus and throughout the state.
The primary duties of the position are the following:
- Initiate an OER program for CULLS and UNM.
- Provide leadership, vision, support, and assessment of OER services for UNM.
- Work collaboratively to guide faculty in the discovery, creation, dissemination, identification, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course content.
- Provide advocacy and outreach for OER and open access across UNM and the state of New Mexico.
- Contribute to CULLS initiatives that further UNM’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Actively engage in anti-racist work to advance inclusive excellence and redress systemic inequities.
- Participate in CULLS faculty governance and in library management as required.
- Meet librarianship and teaching, scholarship, and service requirements for promotion and tenure as detailed in the UNM Faculty Handbook.
To Apply: https://unm.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/18/home/requisition/18649?c=unm