Los Alamos County Public Library System is looking for a tech savvy Senior Library Specialist. The successful candidate for this newly created position gets to create and edit content on the library’s website, troubleshoot and maintain computers used by the public, and coordinate the library’s digital collections such as Overdrive and Hoopla. If this appeals to you and you’ve got strong tech skills including experience with programming languages submit your application today!
Job Posting End: 11/03/2021
Salary: $19.65 – $28.97
Under general supervision of the Sr. Librarian, Librarian or designee, performs library tasks including providing customer service throughout the library at multiple service points, including acquisitions, cataloging, bibliographic maintenance, sorting and delivering of materials, data entry and public service required to provide the public with orderly and helpful access to library materials. Provides classification/copy and original cataloguing of a variety of library materials. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, Humanities or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Two years of related experience, which may include any combination of the following: working in a bookstore or library; with collections in a museum or educational setting; computerized research on-line or using databases; teaching or training experience; hardware or software support; website editing.
- If primary task includes Youth Services, must successfully complete a thorough background investigation.
Additional Qualifications for Sr. Library Specialist:
- Additional two years of library-related experience.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library Science, Library and Information Science, or related field.
- Two years of experience working in a public library.
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license.
For more information and to apply: https://selfservice.losalamosnm.us/ess/EmploymentOpportunities/JobDetail.aspx?req=22059&sreq=1&form=GEN&desc=SR%20LIBRARY%20SPECIALIST