The Placitas Community Library (PCL), a 501(c)3 organization, is seeking candidates for the position of Library Director.
Placitas is a dynamic community located approximately 25 minutes from Albuquerque and approximately 40 minutes from Santa Fe. PCL is one of the community hubs, providing traditional library services and hosting regular community and social activities. The Library’s activities are sustained by over 100 volunteers and a part time (20 hour per week) Administrator.
The Library Director serves as the administrative head of PCL and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Director proposes and ensures implementation of library projects and policies. The Director leads the staff and volunteers in delivery of programs, services and library operations. The Director provides leadership for the continuous improvement of PCL services and outreach to the community.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences from an American Library Association accredited school
- At least one year experience working in a public library in a managerial position
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Experience coordinating and managing volunteers
- Experience developing and implementing budgets
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Fundraising experience
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Demonstrated leadership, management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated use of Microsoft Office Suite and web-based platforms
- Part-time, 20 hours per week, exempt position
- Work schedule varies depending on the library’s activities, projects or programs
- Minimum annual salary will be calculated at 20 hours per week for a salary of $31,300.
- 15 days of paid leave annually
Position will be open until filled. Email cover letters and detailed resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant interviews begin on March 27, 2023.
Initial interviews for this position will be conducted via Zoom.