The Embudo Valley Library and Community Center, located in Dixon, New Mexico, seeks a
Librarian who will:
- Complete an in-house training program using materials from the New Mexico State
- Work closely with the Executive Director, other staff, and volunteers,
- Provide patrons of all ages with a variety of professional librarian services including
reader guidance, reference, selection, and cataloging and maintenance of library
- Plan and implement library programming, especially STEM programming,
- Train patrons in technologies and library resources and services, and
- Work 20-35 hours per week, including Saturdays.
The Librarian earns $17/hr to $20/hr, based on qualifications and experience. The schedule
includes day time, evening, and weekend hours.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude and an open minded, positive approach to challenges
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to work effectively with a
broad range of personalities
- Desire to learn and grow in a supportive environment
- Background check for youth programming
- Familiarity with library equipment and machines such as fax, printers, and computers
- Willingness to become a New Mexico Notary Public
- Ability to set goals and work independently towards their completion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic computer literacy
Helpful but not required:
- Marketing via website, social media, and other platforms
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Familiarity with library software, Google Suite applications, and Microsoft Office
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. To apply for this position submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more visit embudovalleylibrary.org, call 505-579-9181, or stop by the library. We
welcome your questions!