Western New Mexico University is hiring for the position of Librarian – Electronic Resources (Silver City)
This position is responsible for ensuring that Miller Library continually provides high-quality, robust access to its electronic services and resources.
- Investigates, recommends, implements, manages, and troubleshoots access to electronic library resources, including databases, e-books, and other applications. Ensures that electronic resources maintain compatibility with existing library systems.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors to learn about relevant new products and services.
- Serves as the liaison between Miller Library and WNMU’s IT and Online / Distance Education Departments. Coordinates new software releases and evaluates the functionality of electronic product features.
- Assists with library instruction, especially in the creation and delivery of online instruction materials.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and advancement of digital projects and collections.
- Works with Technical Services personnel to maintain and optimize the library’s ILS operations.
- Regularly participates in Reference Desk shifts by providing general and specialized reference assistance to library patrons. Assists in the development and delivery of new services made possible by emerging technologies. This includes but is not limited to reference services, library instruction, self-paced tutorials, and making library resources available for faculty to integrate into their LMS course sites.
- Updates the library website through the University’s CMS.
- Participates in library and WNMU committees. Provides a broad range of administrative and supervisory functions. Supervises assigned staff in accordance with WNMU personnel practices including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, guidance, etc.
- Participates in the process of ongoing personal and professional development. Maintains comprehensive communication among all contacts (internal and external). Models professional standards and ethics in accordance with WNMU philosophy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/BackgroundMaster’s degree in Library Science or related field or Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of library experience required. Bilingual (especially Spanish) preferred.
$42,000 with Bachelor’s Degree, $50,000 with Master’s Degree
For full details and to apply: See WNMU Careers