The New Mexico Junior College in Hobbs, NM is looking for a Director of Library Services.
POSITION: Director of Library Services
SALARY: $63,011.00 – $94,515.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/13/22
CLOSING DATE: 07/08/22 05:00 PM
TO APPLY: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/nmjc?
- The Director of Library Services reports to the Vice President for Instruction.
- The duties and responsibilities shall be, but not limited to, the following: Oversight of the library, including shortand long-range plans that consider budget, staffing, collection development, facilities, technology, storage planning, and equipment; setting goals and strategic priorities in line with those of the college; recruiting, training, and supervising library personnel; developing the library’s collections (print, media, periodical, special, and reference) according to approved library standards and in consultation with faculty, students, staff, and other library professionals with the goal of supporting the curriculum and providing the most effective access to the library’s patron groups and users; determining library operational policies and procedures in accordance with College initiatives and in keeping with accepted library practices; administering the library budget; administering the
technical and public services sections; teaching the use of library resources and research
methods, both on an as-needed, individualized basis as well in scheduled sessions, for academic
classes; responding to patron and staff questions and concerns; serving as the College’s
representative to the Estacado Library Information Network (ELIN) Management Council; serving
as the College’s liaison to the local, state, and federal library organizations; maintaining the
library’s webpage portal; and working closely with faculty and community in support of their needs.
Nothing contained herein shall limit the president in assigning the employee to any of the various
college activities for which they would be qualified in order to meet the needs of New Mexico
- The position requires a Masters of Library and Information Science degree from a regionally
accredited institution with ALA accreditation.
- Experience in Higher Education is highly preferred.
- Additional preferred skills include: a thorough working knowledge of integrated library automation
systems, being familiar with current trends and issues in library technology and the provision of
services, ability to lead and supervise with strong interpersonal skills, able to demonstrate the
ability to articulate a vision for library services and apply that vision to the needs of the community
and its constituencies, and knowledge of techniques for managing network operating systems and
software applications unique to Public Libraries and automated library functions.
- This is a twelve-month exempt position. Standard benefits apply.
- To apply, submit an NMJC application form online and attach the following: letter of interest,
resume, unofficial transcripts, and three references.
- To ensure consideration, all application materials must be submitted by the deadline.