The Town of Silver City – Silver City Public Library seeks an individual for the position of Children’s and Young Adult Librarian. Responsibilities include planning, directing and managing all aspects of children’s and young adult library services to meet the objectives identified in library planning documents and community needs. The Children’s and Young Adult Librarian plans, organizes, and conducts library programs for children and youth from infancy through age 18.
- Prospective candidates must have library experience and experience working with children or young adults.
- Candidates should be able to work in a collaborative and creative team environment and establish effective interpersonal relations with children and young adults, their caregivers, and other professionals who work with children or youth.
- The ability to learn trends in children’s and young adult programming, literature and resources, and services is necessary.
- Candidates should be able to develop, implement, and promote services to children and young adults.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and Masters of Library Science degree or enrollment in a Masters of Library Science program is preferred.
- We encourage MLS/MLIS students to list in their application all experience working with children and/or teens in any setting, volunteer or paid, library or non-library.
Application and copies of required license and certification must be submitted to the Town of Silver City, Personnel Office, 101 W. Broadway, Silver City, NM 88061.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (575) 534-6377, or mailed to PO Box 1188, Silver City, NM 88062. Please do not hesitate to contact us here at the Silver City Public Library if you have a question about the application process.
To learn more about the Silver City Public Library, visit our website at silvercitypubliclibrary.org. We are also on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. We are passionate about our library and our community, and we will be very happy to talk to you about it! Contact Lillian Galloway or Ken Dayer at 575-538-3672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.