The Public Library Albuquerque and Bernalillo County library is hiring an Assistant Director.
Closing Date: 2/17/23
Position Summary: Assist in the management of various activities and operations within the Library Division which may include, library system management, library branch management, library program coordination, support services, circulation management, fiscal services, technical services, digital services, and the Integrated Library System; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions and outside agencies and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Associate Director, Library.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Minimum Education, Experience and Additional Requirements: Master’s degree in library or information science from an American Library Association (ALA) certified institution; and Five (5) years of library management experience; and To include four (4) years supervisory experience.
Additional Requirements: Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver’s License or the ability to obtain by date of hire. Possession of a City Operator’s Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of a library services program Principles and practices of library management
- Principles and practices of library program development and administration Principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and software programs including word processing and database management
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation Principles and procedures of record keeping
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Participate in the management of a library program
- Oversee, direct and coordinate the work of executive, management, professional and lower level staff
- Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff
- Participate in the development and administration of library division goals, objectives and procedures
- Assist in the preparation and administration of large program budgets
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals
- Research, analyze and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work