The National Hispanic Cultural Center is hiring an Archives Digitization Project Manager, Contractor.
Duration: September 2023 – August 2026
Approximately 30 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks in year 1, 45 weeks each in year 2 and 3, and 24 weeks in year 4
Pay: $27 per hour
Benefits: Contract positions are not eligible for benefits or paid leave
The National Hispanic Cultural Center is seeking a contract Project Manager for a three-year digitization project starting September 2023 through August 2026. This position is funded by a congressional grant through the National Archives. The Project Manager will work closely with the NHCC Archivist to:
- Develop, implement, and manage project work flow
- Assess, select, and prioritize archival items for digitization
- Assist with equipment selection, installation, and maintenance
- Create a digitization schedule
- Establish naming conventions
- Develop and manage a metadata system
- Coordinate and oversee the photography and scanning schedule
- Ensure maintenance of a clean and safe photography space on the NHCC campus
- Manage data storage and retrieval for project photographs and scans
- Manage rehousing items properly after digitization
- Provide input on online archival system
- Provide input on curriculum, online content, and community outreach as needed
- Provide feedback on the digitized materials and user experience once uploaded to the revised website
The Project Manager reports to NHCC Archivist and HLA Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree history, Chicano/Chicanx studies, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in digitizing processes, scanning, and/or archival work
Additional qualifications include:
- Managerial/Supervisory/Project experience helpful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Organized and detail oriented
- Dependable and punctual
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Working knowledge of various descriptive standards and digital asset management software, such as ArchiveSpace or CONTENTdm preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or familiarity with Spanish language preferred.
To apply, applicants should email their resume/CV and references to Robin Willoughby Moses, at email@example.com.