For more information and to apply, click here.
Placitas Community Library Job Posting for Administrator
Placitas Community Library (PCL), a 501(c)(3) organization, is seeking candidates for the position of Administrator. Placitas is a cohesive community 20 minutes from Albuquerque, nestled in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. PCL is one of the community hubs, providing traditional library services and hosting many community and social activities. The Library’s activities are sustained by over 100 recent and longtime volunteers dedicated to its objectives.
The Administrator provides back-office administrative and clerical support to the Library Director and to library volunteers by ensuring the day-to-day requirements for the library are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist preparation of Purchase Orders/requests and related paperwork
- Assist in preparing accounts payable for payment by the bookkeeper
- Assist in maintenance of a donation database and preparation of reports, acknowledgement letters, and deposits
- Assist with preparation and submission of State and County reports
- Process inter-library loans in coordination with the Library Director
- Help conduct Community Needs Assessments and other analytical projects
- Correspond with various organizations
- Route and respond to Email
- Answer phone calls and handle a variety of requests
- Coordinate with volunteers on the following:
- Help Desk Calendar
- Community outreach
- Data entry
- Shopping for supplies
- Update library manuals and training materials
- Relevant administrative experience
- Expertise with computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, and databases)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent technological skills
- An appropriate and valid New Mexico driver’s license within four (4) weeks of the first date of employment
- Experience with non-profit organization
- Experience working in a public library
- Part-time at 15 hours per week
- Usual work scheduled Monday through Saturday (flexible schedule)
- Work schedule may vary depending on the library’s special activities, projects, or programs
- The Administrator may be required to support special activities, projects, and programs on weekends, from time to time
- $15.00 per hour
- 15 days of paid leave annually
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Holidays [all federal holidays]
- Strong volunteer support staff
- Supportive community
- Positive work environment
- Passive solar building design with new addition opening soon
- Natural desert landscape with a demonstration garden and labyrinth
- Close proximity to hiking trails
- Friendly residents who love the library
- Wild horses!
- Rural location with nearby cosmopolitan amenities
Position open until filled. Email cover letters and detailed resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review begins on January 2, 2021.
Initial interviews for this position will be conducted via SKYPE, facetime, or jitsi.