Día is a nationally recognized initiative that emphasizes the importance of literacy for all children from all backgrounds. It is a daily commitment to linking children and their families to diverse books, languages and cultures.
The common goals of all Día programming are to:
- Celebrate children and connect them to the world of learning through books, stories and libraries.
- Recognize and respect culture, heritage and language as powerful tools for strengthening families and communities.
- Nurture cognitive and literacy development in ways that honor and embrace a child’s home language and culture.
- Introduce families to community resources that provide opportunities for learning through multiple literacies.
Below are a couple of links to help you celebrate.
- Free Program Downloads, etc.