Technical Services and Resource Sharing
The New Mexico State Library's Technical Services Bureau (TSB) is responsible for the provision of library technical services to other bureaus and departments of the state library. Assistance with technical services issues is available to all New Mexico libraries. The TSB is staffed by 3 professional librarians and three technical support staff.
The staff works together to provide the following services:
- Acquisitions (working with public services staff and selectors)
- Authority Control (working with MARCIVE, Inc.)
- Cataloging (NMSL circulating collection, reference collection, southwest collection, state and federal documents programs)
- Catalog Database Maintenance
- Regular loading MARC records for Federal Documents
- Serials Control
The TSB works closely with Information Technology (IT) staff. IT staff provides support services for the HORIZON Integrated Library System (ILS), creating custom reports that TSB staff use in database maintenance cleanup projects, troubleshooting problems with the ILS, and other activities related to the overall functionality of the ILS.
The TSB has been given responsibility for investigating options for a statewide resource sharing system for New Mexico's public libraries. This is a complex project that will take significant time and effort to implement. Please look in this area of the state library's web site for more information as the project moves forward.