New Mexico Library Snapshot Day 2015
Participating libraries will:
- Track usage data at their library for one day and complete a survey.
- Take photos of patrons using library services. Post to social media and the NM State Library Flickr account!
- Collect anecdotes about why your patrons love using the library.
To participate, you will need the following resources:
- NM Library Snapshot Day Survey. Please review the survey questions ahead of time. A good idea is to print it and fill out a hard copy throughout the day, and once you have confirmed your data, assign one library staff member to complete the survey for your library. Please complete the survey by Friday, April 24.
- When posting photos to social media, please share using #NMSnapshot so we can create some online buzz about Snapshot Day!
- Please collect anecdotes from your patrons and submit some of your own! Click here for a sample patron comment sheet. You are welcome to use this one, or create one of your own. When advocating for a cause, it is always a good idea to site specific examples of how your services impact people – this is an excellent way to collect those types of stories! You can email these to me – again, by Friday, April 24.
- If you’d like to promote Snapshot Day in your community – send out a press release. Click here to see a template for your use. You can customize this for your own library. If you have questions, feel free to contact me.
If you wish to use the Snapshot Day logo, you can right click and save this logo:
Thank you again for your commitment to this advocacy project. I can’t wait to get all of your results: photos, stories, and survey data. I will compile a statewide report that you will be encouraged to use in your communities to express the vital need of libraries!
Happy National Libraries Week, and good luck with Snapshot Day!
Questions? Contact Mary Kaminski, Marketing Specialist // Public Information Officer, New Mexico State Library