New Mexico Public Library Annual Report
The New Mexico State Library (NMSL) participates in the national Public Library Survey (PLS) operated by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and collected by the American Institutes for Research (AIR). The data collected is used by local, state and federal agencies for planning, evaluating and budgeting. More information about the PLS can be found on the IMLS website.
New Mexico public libraries complete and submit the Public Library Survey (a.k.a. Annual Report) to the NMSL reflecting financial, service, and acquisitions data based on the state fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Surveys run from July 1 through mid-August and cover the previous fiscal year's activities. The data is collected in compliance with the New Mexico Administrative Code 4.5.2 and New Mexico Administrative Code 4.5.8 which requires public & tribal libraries to submit on-time, a Public Library Survey (PLS) in order to participate in State Grants-In-Aid and State GO Bond allocations and other programs administered by the New Mexico State Library. Data from the survey is used to compile an annual report, which is used in awarding State Grants-In-Aid to public libraries.
Note: Username & Password stay the same each year.
2015/2016 Public Library Survey Information
Past Annual Reports
- Past annual reports are available on each library's directory entry at: http://www.nmstatelibrary.org/directory/
- Past annual reports by Fiscal Year are available at: http://www.nmstatelibrary.org/services-for-nm-libraries/public-library-statistics
Institute for Muesums and Library Services (IMLS) National Statistical Public Libraries Tools
- Rising To The Challenge: Re-envisioning Public Libraries - A report of the Aspen Institute Dialogue on Public Libraries, 2014
Library Research Services (Colorado State Library)
- Public Library Funding and Technology: continuation of Public Library & the Internet Survey
- Hennen's American Public Library Rating Index uses public statistics to compare and rate libraries
- U.S. Impact Study - New Mexico
- Partners for the Future: Public Libraries & Local Governments Creating Sustainable Communities (Urban Libraries Council)