News from Gale/Cengage
Gale/Cengage, the producer of the databases which the State Library provides through El Portal, is announcing two major developments: a revision to the Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) and a completely redesigned New Mexico Technical Support website.
GVRL is one of the most searched databases in our Gale/Cengage package. The new interface will contain a more digital book look and experience, with book covers, two-page view, and page flipper. GVRL will remain cross-searchable with other Gale databases. Migration date is January 3, 2012. For a trial, go to: http://www.galetrials.com/default.aspx?TrialID=23306;ContactID=55578
The New Mexico Technical Support Site offers ways for you to customize your Gale account. Here are some of the resources:
- Direct links to each of your individual databases/resources
- A wide range of product widgets customized to your location for easy integration into your web pages
- Gale Sites – A webpage generator for all of your Gale resources displayed in an attractive layout
- Access to all of your eBook MARC records customized to your institution and ready to load in your catalogue
- Technical bulletins and documents covering a wide range of topics, including: usage reporting, proxy servers, and more
- “Contact Us” web pages to help us answer any questions you may have or issues you’re experiencing
Please click here to visit the site and be sure to save this URL in your favorites: http://galesupport.com/newmexico/
Once you’ve arrived at the site and selected your institution from the drop-down list, the information is customized to your individual location.